Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

M&M's Candy Corn Macadamia Nut Cookies

I love M&M's. I also love how they are always coming out with new color and flavor combinations. When I first saw that they released a white chocolate candy corn version, I was super excited and immediately started searching all of our stores in hopes that someone might carry them in our small town. I didn't have any luck though. Since hurricane Irene devastated our area and flooded 90% of our shopping plazas, causing most of the stores to close indefinitely, our store options have been extremely limited.
But thanks to a couple of good friends of mine that happen to live near stores that do carry the candy corn M&M's, I was soon supplied with multiple bags and I was very happy!

I came across this recipe right after my search for the M&M's started. These cookies are really good. My husband and kids loved them. I'm not the biggest fan of white chocolate, but I also loved the cookies. They are super cute for fall or Halloween. I highly recommend making this recipe if you can find the candy corn M&M's!


M&M's Candy Corn Macadamia Nut Cookies
(recipe adapted from Mom Endeavors)

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 full cup M&M's Candy Corn white chocolate candies


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Then stir in the vanilla.

In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Fold in the macadamia nuts and M&M's.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden on the edges. Let cool and the enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment