Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No-Bake Chocolate Cookies

My husband grew up in Clarksville, TN, where he spent a lot of time visiting with his Grandparents that lived close by. His Granny used to make him these special cookies all the time and they are still, today, his favorite.

I love making these cookies for my family, especially during the summer. They don't require baking so they are the perfect treats to make on a hot day.


No-Bake Chocolate Cookies
(recipe from Granny Devers)

1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy can be used)
3 cups quick-cooking oats


In a small saucepan, bring the butter, sugar, cocoa and milk to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
Boil for just over 1 minute and then remove from the heat.
Stir in the vanilla and peanut butter, until the peanut butter is melted.
Pour chocolate mixture over the oats in a large bowl. Mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto wax paper. Let sit until cookies are set and hardened. I usually make my cookies a little on the large size so I get about 24.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment