Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Tortilla Snowflakes and Andes Cookies

I spent a wonderful afternoon with my children baking and decorating cookies, sipping hot chocolate, and listening to Christmas music. I live for moments like these. We laugh, we joke, eat cookies (and frosting), and we sing along with the carols.....it's just so heart warming and such a blessing.


This year, we also made tortilla snowflakes, inspired by a post from Our Best Bites. I thought this was SUCH a great idea. My kids loved it and they had a blast making and eating them. I highly recommend you make these with your kiddos!



I made a ton of different types of cookies this year for Christmas. I even tried a few new recipes, and everything has come out great. Last year, I found a great recipe on a blog using Andes baking chips, but for some reason, I never bookmarked the page, and never wrote the recipe down. I bought more Andes baking chips to use this year, so I tried to track down the recipe, but had no luck. I was bummed, but still wanted to make something using these chips. So, I did something I don't normally do....I made the recipe that was on the package. The cookies came out really good! My whole family loved them and so did my husband's employees. This recipe is definitely a winner and I will be making them again.


Andes Creme de Menthe Chunk Cookies
(slightly adapted from the back of the Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips package)

1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 package (10 oz) Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour


In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs, until well mixed.
Stir in the Andes Baking Chips and then add the flour, mixing well.

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position the oven rack to one level above the middle of the oven. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Scoop out about one tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Slightly flatten (using fingers is fine). Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 8-10 minutes (try not to over-bake). Let cool on baking sheet for two minutes before removing to wire racks.


Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment