Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Waffles

My husband was sooo happy yesterday when I told him I was going to make waffles for dinner. Sure, he loves waffles, but to him that meant I was also going to cook bacon, his most favorite food in the whole world. He's been on a little diet since Christmas (enforced by me, of course) so he was pretty excited. He actually cleaned up the whole kitchen after dinner to show his appreciation. Ah, the power of bacon :)
Here's how my husband eats his waffles....




Looks pretty good, huh? He wished he had patented his "Bacon Waffle Sandwich" before Dunkin Donuts came out with their version. Men and their dreams....




Here's the waffle recipe I used last night. It comes from the little Cuisinart recipe booklet that came with my waffle maker. The waffles are pretty good and this makes a TON. I freeze the leftovers and then reheat in my toaster oven to make them crispy again.

Basic Waffles
(from Cuisinart)
4 cups all-purpose flour (I like to use 2 cups all-purpose and 2 cups white whole wheat flour)
4 T sugar
2 T baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups lowfat milk (I use 1% or skim)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs

Combine all ingredients until well blended and smooth. Let batter rest for 5 minutes or so before using. Cook in waffle iron until desired crispness is achieved. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen, Welcome to the blog world!

    It's tough to tell from the picture, do you have a regular waffle iron or belgian? It's on my list to find something that works with my toaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks! I'm having a lot of fun :)
    I have the Cuisinart 4-slice Belgian waffle maker. I've never tried putting the waffles into my regular toaster so I don't know if they fit or not. Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete