Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

It was my husband's birthday recently so, just like every year, he asked me to make his favorite cake. I've been making this same cake for him since he and I were just dating. Actually, my mom was the first to make it for him, for his 19th birthday (which was soooo long ago, I might add...haha!). He loves it and I don't blame him because the cake is really good. It's definitely one of my all-time favorites.


Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine, room temperature
4 eggs
1 T vanilla
3/4 cup milk
2 cups mini chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously spray a 10 inch bundt cake pan with baking spray.

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix again.

Add half of the flour mixture, mix, and then add half of the milk and mix again. Repeat with the remaining flour, followed by the remaining milk, mixing well after each.

Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.


Bake for about 70-80 minutes, until golden brown on top and when a cake tester is inserted in the middle, comes out clean. Let cool for about a half hour in the pan and then invert cake onto a wire rack and let cool completely before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment