Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Jen's Heath Bar Cookies and A Contest

Baseball season is starting soon for my oldest son, which means dinner at 6pm will be no more. We'll be lucky to be eating by 7:30 pm most nights. So, I'm going to be starting a series of "Make-Ahead Meals" to kick off the season right, but I am always looking for new and exciting recipes! If anyone has a tried and true "Make-Ahead Meal" that you and your family love, and are willling to share it with me, please email it to me or a link to it, to jjmd426@yahoo.com. Please include a brief comment about why you love the recipe so much. In one week, I will choose one recipe and the winner will receive a $10 gift card to Target and the recipe will be featured on Miss Jen's Kitchen Adventures. This should be fun!

In the meantime, I have a new cookie recipe for you! I don't know why, but I have been on a huge baking spree lately. It's probably because I put myself on a limited sweets diet (trying to lose the last 15 pounds that I need to in order to reach my goal weight). You always crave the things you can't have, right?
Anyway, I made these cookies the other day and they came out sooo good! I took my few (small) tastes and then brought a few cookies to random people to try them and the verdict was unanimous! These cookies are awesome!
Here's the recipe:



Jen's Heath Bar Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee bits (8 oz bag)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the sugar, brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.

In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then in a another seperate small bowl, combine the Heath toffee bits, chocolate chips and walnuts.

Add half of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar and mix well. Then add half toffee mixture and mix again. Then add remaining flour, mixing well, followed by the remaining toffee mixture, mixing well again.

Now that looks good!



Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (an hour would be ideal).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Place rounded tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet a couple of inches apart (I used my tablespoon cookie scoop). The cookies will spread a little so try not to crowd the pan.

Bake for 10-13 minutes until the edges of the cookies are just golden brown. Remove, let cool and enjoy! Makes about 36 or more cookies, depending on how big you make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment