Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Bunny Bows

Happy Easter!

For most of you that know me (well), you know that I am NOT a crafty person. In fact, I would categorize myself as one of the least crafty people in the entire world. God gave me the gift of knowing how to cook and bake and that is IT.

So, for this Easter, I really, really wanted to do something crafty and fun, even possibly find a new hobby (one that doesn't require chocolate chips and butter--my waist line is suffering!). And folks, I think I did!
I was searching the web for cool Easter craft ideas (found thousands of great ones, but all were WAY out of my league) until I stumbled upon homemade hair bows. I was instantly in love with the idea and as I searched further, I found out just how easy it is to make your own! One of the ONLY craft tools I know how to use, fairly well, is a hot glue gun. When I found the blog Ten Cow Chick and saw how easy it was to make bows using simple tools like a hot glue gun, I knew I could do it!

And so I did and now I am hooked. I just want to make bows all the time. It's so much fun. I fear though that all the new recipes I want to try are going to be put on the back burner (no pun intended) for a while.
So here is the first bows I made, themed for Easter:


Aren't they super cute? My daughter LOVED them. I gave some to my 2 year old niece, Kayla as part of her Easter gift.

They were seriously quick and easy to make so I decided to make these butterfly bows as well, which I happen to love even more:


 SO stinkin' cute! I made them in a few different colors. The blue one is for my daughter, it matches her Easter dress.

Don't be surprised if you start seeing frequent hair bow posts from now on! I do have a fun Easter cupcake recipe to share as well so stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Love them! You are craftier than you think!
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are crafty! Look at how cute these are! I loved seeing Em wearing the blue one. She was so proud that you made it :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete